Vulcan Triathletes is a not-for-profit organization created to promote the sport of triathlon in Birmingham by:
- Promoting physical fitness throughout the membership and the community through systematic training for multi-sport events.
- Enabling communication among athletes to build a close-knit community where athletes can find training help and others to train with.
- Promoting positive health habits and safe training.
We are NOT a "team". We are a club open to anybody interested in swimming, cycling or running -- fast, slow, currently afraid of the water or pro.
- Locate training partners in your area and at your gym who share common goals
- Monthly meetings with training and equipment presentations by sponsors, athletes, coaches, medical professionals, etc.
- Fun social activities to interact with people when you aren't on a sweaty bike ride or wet with chlorine!
- Opportunity to support our sport by volunteering in area triathlons, cycling races and runs
- Informational sessions with area experts on a variety of triathlon-related topics
- Community involvement
- Organized weekly brick workouts for various distances
- Training clinics
- Youth and challenged athlete programs
- Race-season "for fun" competitions between local teams
- Off-season "virtual triathlon" competitions between individuals
- Online forums to plan and post team workouts, plan race & travel logistics, sell equipment, or borrow the wetsuit you need for your next race
- Connect with other triathletes through members-only features
- Find group runs, rides and swim workouts
- Find races and results
- Exchange race tips and war stories
- Special offers from sponsors
- Early registration discounts on Team Magic races
- Early registration discount on RaceDay Events races
- 10% off parts and accessories at Cahaba Cycles
- 10% off parts and accessories at Bob’s Bikes
- 10% off parts and accessories at Bike Link
- 10% off at Trak Shak
- More to come!